Don't see it? Search This Blog

Mar 15, 2008

Welcome to Pigeon

Hi, I am Teri West, a wife, retired home schooling mom, crafter, and primitive artist living and working in Kentuckiana, (the Louisville, KY and S. Indiana area). I like to create and revive things to help make ends meet. I have home schooled all three of our kids, our oldest through the 8th grade and the others through high school. I work out of my home creating primitive and country items for friends, family, and you.

Blessing Tag

My loves are American folk music, primitive crafting, and American folk art which all emminate from my devotion to my faith, family and friends. I belong to the Louisville Dulcimer Society and I play dulcimer, guitar, violin, tin whistle, and I also want to learn to play the mandolin as well.

We participated in several festivals and craft shows last year and I look forward to possibly doing it again this coming fall and winter. Even if sales are slow, I do love interacting with folks and learning as I go. This spring has been devoted to helping our adult, autistic son get on his feet and find his own place, so I have not been to the spring shows.

Having a son with autism has been a challenge and a blessing. My eyes have been opened to the reality of the world that folks with disabilities have to negotiate and adapt to. You will see my support of avid research, especially in the area of Autism Spectrum Disorders. Much is lacking, but hopefully, progress is to come. You can read more about Autism athttp://www.autism-society.org/site/PageServer.

No comments:

Post a Comment