Don't see it? Search This Blog

Dec 29, 2008

Beautiful Lights in Etown

Now playing:The Judds - Beautiful Star of Bethlehem
via FoxyTunes Sunday evening we took my mom to Elizabethtown to see the light display at Freeman Lake Park. It was a nice treat after having a tense Christmas Day with the family. I took a few pictures of some of the displays. They are not as clear as I would like as I took them form a moving car, for the most part. The drive is over a mile long and I only have a few photos. If you live in the area and have time before the end of the year, it is worth a short drive to see. There are no fees, only a donation box at the end of the route. It is well worth a small donation, IMHO.
...My mother is blind and could only see parts of the displays. She can see colors and shapes but not definition. I plan to show the photos to her on the computer so she can get a closer look at them. We spent most of Christmas day showing her a collection of family photos on a large computer screen. I have gathered the collection from my cousins' facebook pages and web sites. She helped me identify some of the folks I did not know in the photos.



No comments:

Post a Comment