Don't see it? Search This Blog

May 13, 2008

In another jam!

Well, it's always one jam or another going on around here! But this one is at the Kentucky Welcome Center on I64 in Simpsonville, just west of Shelbyville, KY. This is KY Tourism Week and we have been invited to jam at the center every day this week! I can't go every day, but I managed to get out there today! We had about 8 folks playing hammer duclimer, mountain dulcimer, guitar, fiddle, and mandolin. It was pretty good, especially the hammer dulcimers. I was not familiar with some of the songs so I just used chords and played along. One guy came in for his lunch break and played guitar with us for about a' half hour. Some of the tourists were from North Carolina and others from Michigan. It is neat to meet folks and find out that they play instruments too. Unfortunately, no one had theirs with them, but we had a good time jamming anyway. Many people have no idea what a mountain dulcimer is and this was their first introduction to it. It's fun educating them on it. (It is the official musical instrument of Kentucky, just in case you didn't know.) Hope you're having as much fun as I am!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment