Don't see it? Search This Blog

Jun 21, 2013

How Time flies..........


   Wow, how time flies!
I just came here to  check my blog and saw that it has been over a year since I posted here.  I guess with the use of Facebook I fell behind.  But much water has "rushed" under the bridge since I last lingered here; so many events and happenings that my head is still spinning.  In the spring of last year, I started on some projects and got super busy with my music and was lost in that world for a while.  Then August came along with a diagnosis of breast cancer, followed by a congenital AVM in my small bowel that began to bleed and kept me hospitalized for almost 3 weeks, with surgery to correct it, then surgery 5 weeks later for the breast cancer.  So, I spent the winter recuperating from all of the physical things that had taken over my life.  Then spring of this year brought me another surgery to take care of a mass they discovered on my ovary when I was hospitalized for the AVM last fall.  It was put off because of all that I had already been through and it was growing, so it had to come out.   Thankfully, it was not malignant. If you follow me on Facebook, you've heard all about it so I won't go into it any further here.  If you didn't, my facebook postings are public, so you can go there and read more about it if you want to.  I am working hard right now to normalize my life into what has become my "new" normal!  Hopefully, the physical battles are over for a good, long while!
   I am a musician as well as an artisan and I am glad to say that in spite of all the struggles we've faced over the past year and 1/2, the Lord has been my Stronghold and music has been my source of therapy through the ordeals.  I continued to play, not only for myself, but for other people, and with the Louisville Dulcimer Society as well.  It has helped to bring me peace and it has also been a source of release for all of the emotions that these kinds of life events evoke.  I have written songs and laughed and I have written songs through my tears.
   My crafting has fallen by the wayside and I am beginning to pick it back up again.  I have a room full of boxes to sort through and a zillion things that I want to start working on, but it will not be a speedy process.  I am just happy and grateful that I am alive, NED (no evidence of disease) with cancer, and beginning again! 

Just keep strumming!

No comments:

Post a Comment